Thursday 12 December 2013

W.I.P Dragon 1/35 Nashorn - Part 4

Right guys - time to update this;

Last time, I stopped after I put on the first base coat so let's carry on after that.
After putting on the base coat, I was bored that day so I decided to do something fun, which is chipping and the only place I can chip before putting on the camo scheme is the interior so I went ahead and chipped the entire interior-

Image

and the gun -

Image

Not exactly a first class work but I ain't complaining ......

After that, I put on the camo scheme. I had to spend a good amount of time to look for it but it was finally my friend who suggested to do this scheme and I am very thankful for that as it looks great and kinda stand out from what I normally do-

Image


Image


( squiggly line ... squiggly line ... remind me of Stewie ) 

LOOOL

Anyway... after that comes the decals - ( forgive the highly glossed surface )

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


I followed that with some streakings -

Image


Image


You can also see some small scratches on the side of the super structure.
I looked around the model and I saw that little area there just perfect for putting in some rust from pooled water so I went ahead and did that along with some streakings and various chippings as well -

Image


Image


I noticed my Matt Varnish become a little frosted which will be wiped away with some thinner later on.
Here is the rear. I also found a rust-trap so I put some rusts in there as well -

Image


Next is the muffler. 
Note - If you guys are building this, be very very careful with the muffler as the instruction was VERY misleading and I put in the wrong way and it didn't fit so I have to take the darn things apart ( AFTER it as been painted and rusted ), put the little attachment point the other way around from the instruction and spend another 1 hour painting and rusting it. Be sure to dry fit that darn thing before you guys glue it.

Image


I noticed it's a little bit red ( probably because of the burnt serpia ) so I darkened it a bit more -

Image


Now it's the time to get dirty ( literally ) with pigments -

Image


Image


I noticed the colors on the 2 wheels are different. I pondered for a bit should I fixed it but I like it that way so I'm gonna be keeping it like this.

And here's how the might rhino look after all the weathering was done -

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


( I took the pic while waiting for the wash to dry so yeah ) 

Image


Well, that's it for now. Whew, this was a rather long update. Next will be the crew ( which I am not looking forward to >_< ) ...

Until next time

0 comments:

Post a Comment