Thursday 20 March 2014

W.I.P - JGSDF Type99 HSP - Part 3

Good day people ... 

I got an update for this beautiful gal. 

Picking up from where I left off from the last update , I put on all the tools and the big box on the roof of the turret -

Image


And then, I build everything that is needed for the hatches. Trumpeter, in all their wisdom, made the hatches workable. Thank you Trumpy.

Image


Followed that up by putting on some more of the tools on the front of the turret. This is the left - 

Image


And this is the right -

Image


I have left the spare tracks off for the time being to make painting everything easier.
Now, I don't know if you guys can see the little hooks but I had to install 11 ( I think it was 11 ) of those little hooks on each side of the turret. 


Image


Followed by more slightly different hooks near the bottom of the turret. 5 of them on each side -

Image


Now that almost everything is finished, I thought this would be a best time to make the head lights and the front mud flaps.

Image


Which goes on the front of the hull like so -

Image


As the tracks are individual links, I figured now would be the time to prepare the hull so I can put on the tracks. I painted the hull Tamiya JGSDF dark green and the wheels, that again and Tamiya JGSDF brown -

Image

Image


While painting, I thought to myself '' well, it's almost ready to paint so let's just prime the whole thing and put on the base '' so I went ahead and did that . -

Image

Image


Tamiya JGSDF dark green kinda off but I already build the type 90 and type 10 with this same colour so I just can't be bothered to mix it. 

Well, that's it for now. I am loving every minute of this kit, as much as I love the DANA. 


Until next update




2 comments:

  1. You're being too hard on yourself. It's not bad. Like the Tiger, the modell looks a little "soft"/flat. I'm no pro but, I'm quite sure getting more contrast by bringing out the small details on the skirts/turret/chassis and putting some paint on the tools (axe shovel so forth), the tank will look 10x better. And by no means is it bad now. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right sir..... thanks so much for the kind words

    ReplyDelete