Friday 18 April 2014

Revell 1/35 Panzerhaubitze 2000

Good to to you guys.

First of all, let me wish you guys a happy new year. Yesterday was our Burmese happy new year and I was actually going to post this yesterday but I got lazy so yeah. Wishing my happy near year to all of my dear readers and may you all have a beautiful year all around. 

Right, I have here the Pzh (Panzerhaubitze) 2000 from Revell. This is an old kit, first released in 1999 and it is showing its age. There was, however, a surprise from a kit this old, and that surprise comes in the form of a metal barrel. I never knew about that and when I saw it, I was pretty impressed. Sadly, the metal barrel is VERY heavy and the mantlet attachment is very weak so alot of force was needed to glued on the mantlet. The kit is actually not that bad but the details are soft. I bought the eduard etch set for this girl which really made some differences.

This gal is painted in ( all from Tamiya ) Nato Green, Nato Brown and Nato Black. Scheme is per the instruction and references per the Bundeswehr as I saw that all German PZH2000 are painted in the same pattern, with the exception of the ones in Afghanistan.

The amount of sanding and taking off parts from from this old kit to put on the etches took its toll on me upon reaching the weathering stage. At this point, I was running on fumes and I couldn't be bothered with so much effect of weathering effects so I just went heavy with various colour of dusts. I could have done better and more but I just wanted to call it done and make way and time for more kits.


Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. 
I'm actually not that  satisfied with what I did but I ran out of fuel while weathering this and I just wanted to call it done. I'm glad that it is at least a little bit presentable.
It's time for the photos - 
(If you think some are small, just click on them ) 






The scopes - 




The running gears -







And as usual, my show case photos from various angles -














And as usual from me, the Gary Wintin Shot as coined by a friend -




Well, that's all I can say about this. As you all know, my patience is my bane so the usual hiccups are met but nothing I can complain, ok I can complain; I could have done a better job on the wheels  and other weathering effects and I really should have given the dust effects some more thoughts and a better job. Sadly, I ran out of fuel and just wanted to call it done.  All in all, this was a good build and it was quite enjoyable even with the annoying sanding and cutting off of the old parts.I am happy to have this on my shelf as this kit is getting rare and I also really love this vehicle. 


I couldn't keep building if not for my supporting friends and comrades. Thank you guys for always supporting me. Thank you dear readers for your patronage as well.

Until Next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment