Monday 19 October 2015

7TP in September Campaign - 3rd Diorama in Life

Quite some times ago ( probably back in 2013 ), I sent my good friend and a very talented modeller Thanos [check out his Youtube channel] two copies ( or was it one? I cannot remember well) of extra weathering magazines I had lying around. Thanos was starting into weathering and I sent him the books so as to help him with weathering.

It was a very small gesture but Thanos was over-whelmed by it and he sent me a back a rather unique tank model. I call it unique because it's a kind of vehicle I would never buy by myself.

Thanos sent me a 1/35 Polish 7TP light tank with the twin turret from Mirage Hobby. I admit I am not into light tanks but since Thanos was kind enough to send me this, I decided to give this my best and decided to make a diorama out of it.

Yes, this is one of the last few models I finished before I had to leave the UK and return to this god forsaken country called Burma which I am still stuck even until now as I am figuring out my next move as in where to go and how to go so ( go as in migrate ).

This quite old yet lovely model was painted by a variety of paints and paint brands. I cannot remember exactly which paint exactly but here is a break down as much as I can remember, 
I used Olive Green mixed with a very small amount of tan to get a very light olive green. I also put on thin clear green on top once dried for some tonal variety. 
I used Red brown but I mixed with something which I cannot remember to get a different tone from the German three tone.
For the dark yellow base, I used Dark yellow BUT i put on a layer of thin Clear Yellow on top to give it more richness and make the colours more yellow.

For the weathering, I tried my best to keep with the summer period of Europe, a dry and dusty look with grasses and flowers. The dio idea is that the 7TP is coming up on an embankment to a forest road/path. I don't know if that even looks like that LOL. 


This is one of the few kits that I am absolutely happy with what I did. I did have to nitpick about some boo-boos but the enjoyment and seeing it finished far weight the boo-boos
It's time for the photos - 
(Just click on the smaller ones and they will pop out )







Some close ups on the vehicle itself -






Some close ups on the ground work -





And as usual, my show case photos from various angles -

 








Since this is a vehicle with two turrents and two guns, I cannot do my signature Gary Wintin shot ... how sad :(.....

The vehicle itself just looks lovely and I'm really happy with how this turns out. The only thing I am not happy about this build is the lack of track marks on the ground. I tried to make track marks but subsequent ground works and stuffs has rendered my works on the track marks null. I need to practice more.

 This is another milestone in my skills, especially in  making diorama and bases. 

This is one baby I will be proud to have on my shelf as this is a dear gift from Thanos and I will never sell any gift kits from my friends. Plus, this is one of the few kits I managed to finished before leaving the United Kingdom so this baby hold a special meaning to my heart. 

If you guys see anything that I need to improve with my diorama building skills, Please do leave some C&C. Thank you very much. 

Until next time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment